About Me

My photo
I am a former elementary school teacher turned stay at home mom. I taught 5th grade for 7 years when I had my first child and decided to be a stay at home mom. I currently have a 3 and a 5 year old and am loving every minute of it.

Monday, January 27, 2014

Honey Baked Cod recipe

 On the menu tonight

 Honey Baked Cod
Baked Sweet potato
Roasted Cauliflower

Being stuck at home due to the Chicago Polar Vortex, gave me an opportunity to cook a meal that takes a little longer than the average 30min meal.

I initially found the cod recipe here on Pinterest

I altered it slightly so here is my version

Ingredients:
4 pieces of cod
Soy Sauce
Honey
Rice wine vinegar
water

Marinade:
  12 tablespoon Soy Sauce
  10 tablespoon Honey
  2 tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
  2 tablespoon Water

Preparation

1. Mix the marinade well in a gallon size zip top bag.
2. Place the cod in marinate in the zip top bag for 30 minutes.Turning the baggie over once to marinade the other side.
3. Preheat oven at 350F
4. Lay cod in a baking dish with some of the marinade to cover the bottom of the pan
5. Bake the cod for 20 minutes 
6. Turn the broiler in HI and broil for another 10 minutes to caramelize


Sweet Potato
  1. Poke several holes in the sweet potato
  2. Wrap with a wet paper towel
  3. Bake in the microwave for 5-8min depending on the size of your potato
  4. Top with your favorite toppings.  My girls like a pinch of brown sugar and agave nectar.

Cauliflower
  1. Cut 1 head of cauliflower in pieces.  
  2. Put all pieces in a zip top bag
  3. Put in olive oil, salt, and garlic powder seal up and shake until all pieces are coated
  4. Put on lined cookie sheet and baked at 400F for 20-30min tossing every 10 min.

 The Cod was super sweet and almost crab like.  It was delicious and both my kids and husband loved it as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment