About Me

My photo
I am a former elementary school teacher turned stay at home mom. I taught 5th grade for 7 years when I had my first child and decided to be a stay at home mom. I currently have a 3 and a 5 year old and am loving every minute of it.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Honey Mustard Pretzel Crusted Stuffed Chix recipe

It has been a long day of fighting with my girls to get to dance class on time, followed by a trip to McDonald's Place Place for lunch to blow off some steam on this COLD Chicago day.  So while watching the kids play on the jungle gym, I started planning my dinner and decided to do one of my go to's.  So here is what we are having for dinner.  It is one of my go to dinners because both my husband and kids love it.

Honey mustard pretzel crusted ham stuffed chicken breasts (I know it is a mouthful, but that is the best way to describe it)

Ingredients
  • 4 Chicken breasts
  • 1 cup Honey Mustard (I like Frenches)
  • Salt
  • 4-8 Slices of deli luncheon ham
  • 1 cup crushed pretzels
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Clean and butterfly each chicken breast.
  3. Stuff each breast with 1-2 slices of ham
  4. Close chicken breast up and place in a greased pan
  5. Sprinkle each breast with salt
  6. Coat each breast liberally with honey mustard
  7.  Place pretzels in a large zip top bag and here with where you can get the kids involved or take out some aggression.  Crush the pretzels with your hands, mallet, pan, or whatever you can get your hands on.
  8. Coat each breast with the crushed pretzels.  Make sure to really push them into the breasts.
  9. Place in oven and bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes or until the juices run clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment