About Me

My photo
I am a former elementary school teacher turned stay at home mom. I taught 5th grade for 7 years when I had my first child and decided to be a stay at home mom. I currently have a 3 and a 5 year old and am loving every minute of it.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Soy Glazed Pheasant

Soy Glazed Pheasant


My husband is a hunter.  He hunts mostly pheasant and deer.  He didn't get a deer this year, but has brought home many pheasants.  Since pheasant has almost no fat, it is a very difficult meat to cook well.  The best solution is to marinade the breasts.  Here is what I made for dinner the other night.

Ingredients
  • 5-6 small pheasant breasts cleaned and trimmed
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup Kikkoman teriyaki
  • 2 tablespoons of Kikkoman ponzu 
  • 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions

Pour all ingredients into a zip top bag and add pheasant breasts.  Zip the top and mix around to make sure all pieces are coated.  Place in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.  Heat a large heavy bottom skillet over medium high, and drizzle with olive oil. Turn down heat to medium and cook pheasant until juices run clear.  Pheasant is a dark meat so don't expect it to look like chicken or you will dry it out.  Cook 3-4 minutes per side.  Meanwhile, pour all the remaining marinade into a sauce pan and reduce by half over high heat.  Brush the sauce over breasts before serving and serve some on the side for dipping.






No comments:

Post a Comment