About Me

My photo
I am a former elementary school teacher turned stay at home mom. I taught 5th grade for 7 years when I had my first child and decided to be a stay at home mom. I currently have a 3 and a 5 year old and am loving every minute of it.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Ginger beef and mushroom Stir-Fry recpie

Ginger Beef and Mushroom Stir-Fry


I originally found this recipe on Pinterest but modified it slightly.  It was a nice quick weeknight meal and very tasty.  Here is my version of the stir-fry


Mix all marinade ingredients in a large zip top bag.
Cut the Flank Steak against the grain into bite size pieces and put in zip top bag.  Make sure every piece gets coated and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
In the meantime, cut all mushrooms and chop kale and set aside

 After 30 minutes brown steak in a skillet.  I pretty much use my cast iron pan for everything so that is what I used for this recipe.
 
Remove the steak and set aside

Add mushrooms and kale to the skillet with the rest of the marinade.  Cook on medium until the kale and mushrooms are cooked


Add the steak back to the pan and cook another couple minutes 
Serve over rice.  I like to add a little Sriracha for heat

Enjoy
 

Ingredients

Marinade
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup vegetable broth (or chicken/beef broth, or water)
  • 3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp. corn starch
  • 2 tsp. ground ginger
Stir Fry Ingredients
  • 1 lb. thinly sliced flank steak or sirloin, cut diagonally across the grain into thin strips
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms
  • 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, halved
  • 3 cups chopped kale 
  • 2 cups of cooked brown rice
  • Sriracha  (optional)
Directions
Mix all marinade ingredients in a large zip top bag. Cut the Flank Steak against the grain into bite size pieces and put in zip top bag.  Make sure every piece gets coated and place in fridge for 30 minutes.  
In the meantime, cut all mushrooms and chop kale and set aside.   After 30 minutes brown steak in a skillet. 
Remove the steak and set aside.  Add mushrooms and kale to the skillet with the rest of the marinade.  Cook on medium until the kale and mushrooms are cooked.  Add the steak back to the pan and cook another couple minutes. 
Serve over brown rice.  I like to add a little Sriracha for heat



No comments:

Post a Comment